Election of Additional Ruling Elders
The Kirk Session has decided to seek the election of up to three additional ruling elders, and that the congregation should select those proposed to be called to the office of ruling elder.
Everyone connected with our congregation is encouraged to make this election of additional elders a matter for much prayer.
Special prayer meetings are being held each Friday in the Magill Room at 8.00pm.
The timetable for the process of the election of additional ruling elders is as follows:
- 7th & 14th September – preparation and display of the List of Qualified Voters;
- September/October – the congregation to be informed of the duties of, and qualifications for, the eldership;
- 19th & 26th October – voting members of the congregation submit lists of up to three names;
- 2nd & 9th November – the list of persons proposed to be called to the office of the ruling elder will be made known to the congregation, and an opportunity given for any objections to be lodged;
- 23rd November – meeting of the congregation to confirm the election and call of new ruling elders;
- December/January – training of elders-elect and then service of ordination and installation by a commission of the Iveagh Presbytery.
Leaflets about choosing new elders are available here.
A special series of sermons is being given to inform the congregation of the duties of, and qualifications for, the eldership:
- 07/09 – The Eldership: a vital work (Acts 20:17-38)
- 14/09 – The Eldership: a corporate work (Acts 14:21-28)
- 21/09 – The Eldership: a visible work (1 Timothy 3:1-7)
- 28/09 – The Eldership: a good work (1 Peter 5:1-4)
- 05/10 – The Eldership: a serving work (Romans 12)